Akhbari M, Hanrahan J, Ansaripour A, Burford C, Asnani KS, Boardman TM, et al. Proceedings of the KCL International Neurosurgical Conference 2018. Neurosurgery. 2019 May 1;84(5):E269–74.
Hanrahan J, Burford C, Ansaripour A, Smith B, Sysum K, Rajwani KM, et al. Undergraduate neurosurgical conferences – what role do they play? British Journal of Neurosurgery. 2019 Jan 2;33(1):76–8.
Burford C, Hanrahan J, Ansaripour A, Smith B, Sysum K, Rajwani KM, et al. Factors Influencing Medical Student Interest in a Career in Neurosurgery – what role do they play? World Neurosurgery. 2018 Oct 122:e367-e374.
1. Publication of abstracts from undergraduate student conferences in indexed journals: is there any value?
2. Laminectomy simulation – are student-designed, low-fidelity prototypes inferior to commercially available equivalents?
3. Use of patient-specific 3D printed models in case-based teaching.
4. Follow-up analysis: does attendance of undergraduate conferences encourage subsequent student participation in neurosurgical activities?
4. Non-technical skills (NTS) and resilience training at the undergraduate level to address burnout: a forum for students interested in neurosurgery.